ER Assignment #2: I think, I don't think...

Good evening, everyone! Today I had a discussion with Mr. Daniel and friends. There are eight statements I need to respond:

1. Reading in my first language is fun.

2. Reading English is difficult.

 3. I should usually look up new words in my dictionary.

 4. Reading English is boring.

 5. It is easier to read about sports than science.

 6. If I read very fast, it is hard to understand the meaning.

 7. Reading out loud is a good idea.

 8. Reading English is fun. 


I think I’d agree with the first statement. For sure, reading in Javanese or Indonesian language is fun and easier because I understand the meaning, although I don’t really like reading a book. However, I will try to read more books. Reading in English is quite difficult but challenging for me because it is not my first language and sometimes it has complex sentences and unfamiliar words. 

Thus, I often check a dictionary on my phone to find the meaning of the words, and then I can also learn new words. I think, whether reading is boring or not, it depends on the genre or topic. If it’s my favorite genre or topic I might not be bored reading it. But if I don’t like the genre or topic I might get bored. However, in extensive reading, I will try to read any topic even though it may take a while. 

I think I’d agree with the statement. For me, it is easier to read about sports than science because sports are more attractive than science. In my opinion, the language used in science is too difficult to be understood. I don’t read fast because when I read fast I don’t understand the meaning. So, I must read slowly to understand the meaning better. 

I don’t think reading out loud is a good idea because I am not the type of person who really reads out loud. I like to read in a quiet voice because it makes me more focused. I think reading English is fun because I can learn new words.  

I hope you can enjoy it. Thank you.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ER Reading Report #3: The Perfect Song

ER Individual Project #1: My Special Gift For X

Extensive Listening Reports #5